Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hi Mom, you're home! Weaning, ugh!

For months and months and months, the greeting I receive from my boy goes like this:

Hi Mom, you're home - where's the boob! No cuddle or hug or anything else. Just a fussy boy wrestling his way sideways and pulling at my shirt.

Of course I try not to let it hurt my feelings - or my self esteem. Am I just a cow for this boy, geez! Makes a mom feel extra tired after putting in a full day at work too and a little down.

I've already weaned him off of nursing at night, in the middle of the night all night. He doesn't nurse in the morning either, because I am getting ready for work. Usually in the mornings I make sure to spend a little extra time with diaper changing, getting him dressed and maybe a book if Brogan is in the mood.

So, since Brogan has teeth now, lately he's really been hurting me when he nurses. I'm feeling so done with this and then I can't take his fussing, so end up giving in nightly while trying to get him to go to sleep. Grin and Bear it eh?

I showed Dusty my injuries, and my husband, reading my mind last night, brought me a sippy cup with Milk in it when Brogan started his fit. I told him, wow I was just thinking of trying that! It worked too! Brogan and I sat in the rocking chair, he had his sippy cup with milk, then I read him a book and he didn't fuss or crab at me at all.

So tonight - what a relief it was, to get this from my son: Hi Mom, you're home! Let's play!

Makes my day.

No comments: