Monday, October 19, 2009

Will he ever sleep through the night?

Brogan WAS sleeping through the night, I swear - a few months ago. He's 17 1/2 month's now and he hasn't slept through the night for at least 7 months!

I know he's not hungry. The past 7 month's he wakes up, I lay down and nurse him and after 2 minutes he is asleep again - for an hour. So night after night, every hour on the hour it seems, this kid wakes up and nurses for 2 minutes and goes back to sleep.

Well this kid has teeth now! I'm tired. I want to sleep all night. I don't want teeth marks on my boobs anymore.

So here's the new approach - Brogan "wakes up"/stirs or sleep walks or thrashes or whatever it is that he does. I hold him in my arms and shush, rock, pat him back to sleep with no nursing. For a week we have done this. Guess what - after that first week, he is sleeping through the night!

Hooray!

No comments: