Monday, June 01, 2009

Free Swingset!

Wow, what an awesome swingset - for free.  We'd been looking for one for the kids.

So, Dusty being the wonderful dad he is; planned about 3 hours to go dissasemble and dig up this free swingset (it had concrete).  

Oh about 4 hours later I got a call from a number I didn't recognize, but I thought it could be Dusty just because... he had forgotten his cell phone.

Calling from a nice neighbor across the street, Dusty said he had the swingset loaded in the truck.  Due to the pouring down rain all day long though, the truck sunk and was stuck in the mud.  I was to pick Audrey up from the bus stop (40 minutes from now) and then please go pull the truck out of the mud.

Up until that time, the vote was still out on
 my pretty Blazer with all the transmission issues.  I didn't know whether to love it or hate it yet.  But when I pulled up and hooked up to the truck and was able to pull it out of the gunk with ease, I think she finally redeemed herself.  

Dusty was covered in mud, wet sore and cold.  I felt so bad for him - he is such a great dad and just works his butt of for this family!  It was so amazing that he loaded this swingset into the truck himself, I had to post a little of the ordeal and the photo of ol' Babe loaded down!

I'm so proud of old babe (truck) for hauling this load home too!

No comments: