Friday, January 16, 2009

Joy Boy


Brogan is so dear to my heart and so loved by us all that there really is no seeing him as having a disability.  I call him my joy boy and above all else I love my Joy Boy, just love him so much and wouldn't want him to be any other person than who he is.

I didn't know how I would feel about having a child with Ds... but I would challenge anyone in this universe to tell me that he is not beautiful.  I love him, and I WOULD never wish him to be any different than who he is.  We really don't know what the future is for Brogan.  If being "normal" would inhibit his natural social abilities, then I need to say no thank you.  This community has wrapped him up in so much love and support that he doesn't ever need to live anywhere else.

Thankfully Santa Claus was good to us this year.  We were skeptical and afraid, but that lovely Elf gave us a holiday to remember.  Mrs. Claus came to visit with us while we were at the Duvall Tru Valu store and had many kind words to say to and about both kids.  People love to talk with us about the kids.  It seems they are so charming - Audrey is something else!  Brogan is a charmer with his baby smiles.  I do feel blessed.

No comments: