Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Routine and more Routine

What a lovely Thanksgiving weekend we had. I give thanks for having such a beautiful family.


Audrey was worried Thursday and Friday and Saturday --- will we ever have our Thanksgiving dinner? She loves the tradition of waiting for everyone to sit at the table and tell all what we are most thankful for.



Well we didn't do Thanksgiving on Thursday. Dusty and I carried out the broken Range and carried in the new Range on Thursday. By the time we got done cleaning and changing out the plug, we were very tired. My sister Fawn called around 11 and we chatted a while in the rain - my stupid cell phone doesn't get good reception in the house... geez.

Friday: We all went to whole foods and bought our Thanksgiving dinner at a discount. That was cool with me. My first time at that store - and we cruised aisle by aisle until I saw the beautiful vegetables! Wow.

So - hey we finally started cooking on Saturday. Dusty made a lovely crown roast of lamb. I was so excited about having leftovers that I wanted tzatziki sauce - if you have never had it I Feel for you.

Not to be defeated - Dusty made it a mile up the road on Sunday. He nursed Pearl home and cleaned connections
, worried about vacuum hoses and checked my girl out. Nothing that daddy did
seemed to make a difference though - except for the fact that I really wanted tzatziki sauce! Well
I love Greek cuisine.

I'd like the world to know that not only did Dusty go to the store and back in my ailing vehicle,
he made a very luxurious dinner that night - homemade tzatziki sauce - with lamb, pita and salad.

NEVER have I enjoyed my life so much. Dusty thinks it and I say it... I think it and Dusty says it...
we are of the same mind, same loving cloth. I am blessed to have married my best friend.

No comments: