Thursday, September 10, 2009

Awesome 1st Grader

1st Grade and Piano lessons here we are!

First grade started last week. Audrey's been doing well and having pretty good days. The days are a lot longer than they were for her in Kindergarten, but she seems to be enjoying school.

We found a piano, now that we have time to think, we'll be setting up lessons for Audrey! I hope that after her 2nd counseling session with the pediatrician and help from some medication, she'll actually be able to focus on lessons. ADHD is nothing to laugh about.

People always remark about the terrible two's. Audrey was just an awesome 2 year old. When she turned 3, that's really when the terrible two's began and I think she's still there. Kindergarten was hard. When I talked to her first grade teacher about it, she told me that if Kindergarten was hard the 1st grade will be even tougher.

I'll have more observations and rants about ADHD as time and her pediatrician continue on with their assessment. I love my girl though. She is bright, smart and funny. She cares about people and shows a lot of compassion. It would sure be nice not to repeat myself 20 (200) times in a row to be heard.

No comments: