Friday, April 24, 2009

Still no Blazer

So - the transmission shop (reputable shop too - our family has had 7 transmissions redone there!) - so this is what we've been through since we got stranded on the side of the road to Oregon:

Transmission pump blew.  They replaced that and the fluid pressure was pretty high.  That would make the pump blow again.

We had a check engine light - error code 43 which is the knock sensor.  Well after researching knock sensor issues - seems like that can retard the timing, make the whole engine sluggish and put extra pressure on the transmission.  We had that fixed.  It turned out to be a piggy tail thing off the back of the sensor that was broken, so that didn't cost too much.

We took it back to the transmission shop after having that work done, because they wanted to see if that was the cause of the high pressure in the transmission.  Turns out that wasn't it.

We took the Blazer back in on Tuesday, April 14th.  It was nice that Don was in Seattle because Dusty was able to call him up and ask for a ride back home.  I didn't have to interrupt my work at home day for this errand.  I am not being callous, I am being responsible.  It's hard for me to justify having a telecommute day when I'm not there to get any work done, right?

So now it has been a week and a half or so... and still no rig.  Apparently, they think there may be a crack somewhere.  Mind you - we've been told we need a new computer, a new chip, a new valve in the trans and everything else in between.  So the shop is going to check for a crack on Monday.

Monday starts a busy week for us.  Brogan has follow up doctor appointments for his lungs, and then on Wednesday for his heart for a cardiogram and an ultrasound.  He was born with a hole in his heart, so we are very concerned and anxious to find out if it is closing itself up like they thought it would of if there is a problem.  He is a strong baby, but I worry when he gets super active.  I don't want anything to happen to my little love.  

I'm remaining optimistic - what else can I do?  All will be fine and work itself out and we will get our Blazer back, and our son will be fine.  Our daughter is feeling so much better too.  I am blessed with the gifts of love and family like I never had when I was a child growing up.

No comments: